From: Christian Birchinger <joker@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Supprting SPF on our mail servers
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:59:23
1 mutt allows the use of dev.gentoo.org on the fly when the
2 FROM: address is @gentoo.org? Can "send-hook gentoo\.org"
3 be used to define an smtpserver instead of using the local
4 default one?
5
6 On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 08:12:06AM -0500, Kurt Lieber wrote:
7 > On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 01:57:12PM +0100 or thereabouts, Patrick Kursawe wrote:
8 > > I'm afraid this will force me to use another mail client than my
9 > > beloved mutt - or can anyone tell me how to convice it to work with
10 > > different SMTP servers since currently (afaik) it just invokes "sendmail"
11 > > to get the local MTA?
12 >
13 > I use mutt as well and you're right, it isn't smtp-aware. In both of our
14 > cases, we'd have to configure our MTAs to talk to dev.gentoo.org via asmtp.
15 >
16 > Another option is implementing a CA and handing out gentoo-signed certs to
17 > developers. We could then authenticate via certificates instead of
18 > passwords. That's quite a bit more complex, but I believe more MTAs
19 > support TLS than asmtp. (though I'm hoping to be proven wrong on this
20 > point)
21 >
22 > --kurt
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list