From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Modular X plans
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:24:26
1 maillog: 08/08/2005-01:08:03(-0700): Donnie Berkholz types
2 >> snip
3 > The font-server flag may be necessary in libXfont, but I haven't fully
4 > explored this yet. If it turns out to be the case, it'll be removed as
5 > an optional flag and forced on.
6
7 Unfortunately, it seems it does. I did it with "-font-server" and the
8 build of xorg-server failed with errors about missing functions:
9
10 check_fs_register_fpe_functions
11 fs_register_fpe_functions
12
13 emerging libXfont with font-server made xorg-server link just fine.
14
15 Still, I believe that it is xorg-server that has to be fixed. It needs
16 to get "NOFONTSERVERACCESS" defined, which will avoid the call to
17 fs_register_fpe_functions, and it would need to do something about the
18 call to check_fs_register_fpe_functions, but I have no idea what.
21 > Georgi Georgiev > If there is a wrong way to do something, >
22 < chutz@×××.net < then someone will do it. -- Edward A. <
23 > +81(90)2877-8845 > Murphy Jr. >