From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-x86/eclass: udev.eclass
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 21:34:39
1 On 30/10/12 23:24, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 20:17:25 +0100
3 > Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On 30-10-2012 19:08:39 +0000, Samuli Suominen wrote:
6 >>> Added: udev.eclass
7 >>> Log:
8 >>> New eclass to determine udevdir from udev.pc pkg-config file as requested by many people, without ML review due to unproductive feedback
9 >>
10 >> Uhm...
11 >> Please, stop doing this!
12 >
13 > Also, please notice the ChangeLog file you are ignoring.
16 Only every second person is using the ChangeLog in eclass/ as pointed
17 out and discussed in this ML for so many times it's ridicilous.
18 Even direct contact with the people ignoring the ChangeLog in eclass/
19 has not changed their behavior. Some have replied something in line with
20 "make repoman, or other post commit hook work in eclass directory if you
21 want consistent behavior for the file"
22 The file is pointless if not everyone is using it. I've offered to
23 remove the file before, and I'm reoffering to do so now.
24
25 And I'm not going to discuss this again, it's been vetted dozens of
26 times here already to no result. So this is my last mail on that subject.
27
28 - Samuli