From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Viability of other SCM/version control systems for big repo's
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:07:09
1 On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:44:24 -0800 Donnie Berkholz
2 <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
3 | I know some of you have done research on how gentoo-x86 converts over
4 | to other systems besides CVS such as SVN, arch, etc. But I can't find
5 | the info anywhere in my archives.
6 |
7 | Could whoever's got it, post it?
8
9 The SVN stuff is over a year out of date, and SVN has supposedly gotten
10 a lot better wrt scalability since then... I suspect someone will have
11 to redo the tests...
12
13 As for Arch, I managed to find three different "FATAL ERROR!" bugs in
14 tla within the first five minutes of using it. Two of them were
15 reported and known, with no fix forthcoming. Plus, we don't use a
16 distributed development model so Arch doesn't really suit us...
19 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
20 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
21 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm