From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Possibility of overriding user defined INSTALL_MASK from an ebuild?
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:37:51
1 On 22/03/14 08:13, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Fri 28 Feb 2014 15:28:30 Samuli Suominen wrote:
3 >> It would be very helpful if INSTALL_MASK could be overriden from an
4 >> ebuild, if user hasn't set otherwise.
5 > i don't see this happening as it makes no sense. you INSTALL_MASK something
6 > dumb then that's your fault.
7 > -mike
8
9 agreed.
10
11 honestly, I agreed the whole time -- was just trying to satisfy group of
12 loud people, and now I have this ML thread I can point them to, which is
13 enough