From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving our/portage stuff to var
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:07:14
1 On 17/12/12 11:23, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > On 17/12/2012 11:19, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I've always myself override these defaults in make.conf to point for
5 >> /var/portage/ (not /var/lib because I never bothered enough how to
6 >> make world and config files to be put elsewhere :P).
7 >
8 > I would say let's work on that so that portage can keep them there.
9 > Although I'm more for /var/cache/portage myself, as both distfiles and
10 > tree can be re-generated.
13 fetch-restricted files are to be considered critical here. Do we want to
14 force the user to keep them twice? So an additional location which is
15 not a "cache"?
16 Of course PORTAGE_RO_DISTDIRS and friends are nice here, but they are
17 not part of a default setup.
18
19 justin