From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Nominations Update
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:15:06
1 Yesterday night I tried to reply but I was too tired...
2
3 Christina Fullam wrote:
4 > Just a reminder about nominations and voting...
5 > If anyone is still interested in running, you have one week left for
6 > nominations.
7 > Most who have accepted havent told us why we should vote for them. While
8 > that information is not required perhaps it should be if we are to make
9 > intelligent votes - sorry this isnt a popularity contest so give us some
10 > content to review.
11
12 Ok
15 > 1) What you will do
16
17 Probably I'll try my best to make sure what is decided in the council
18 will end up with something implemented, hopefully in a timely fashion,
19 no matter how unpopular may be perceived.
20 E.g.: push for getting an EAPI 1.1 with some nice stuff, like the IUSE
21 defaults, out asap and use them on the tree.
22
23 > 2) Why you will do it
24
25 Because I like to help and maybe I still have some sanity to invest into
26 this project
27
28 > 3) How you will do it
29
30 Basically trying to be balanced and to keep things on the technical
31 field. I like to offer alternative solutions but usually I try to pick
32 the best one (possibly not what I proposed, I'm an fan of the antiNIH
33 movement)
34
35 > 4) What is the timescale for doing it
36
37 "This is an opensource project, we deliver things when we feel it is
38 ready". I'll try my best to keep things going smoothly and that also
39 includes suggesting/changing leads in subprojects or have parallel
40 subprojects spawned to let people willing to do have their share of fun.
41
42 > 5) What experience do you have with this or a similar role
43
44 Messed with politics in my University, I'm a member of different
45 associations of different sizes with deciding roles of various degree
46
47 > 6) Why do you think you are qualified
48
49 Usually I try to get along with everybody and I try to let people know
50 when I'm biased towards something (being unbiased is too hard)
51
52 > 7) How you plan to balance a council role with your current Gentoo role
53
54 There aren't conflicts so far for my gentoo role and my outside roles
55 (e.g. me being an ffmpeg/mplayer developer)
56
57 > 8) How much time can you dedicate to the council role
58
59 Enough to be present, not enough to be annoying (hopefully)
60
61 Feel free to ping me on irc if you have questions ^^
62
63 lu
67 Luca Barbato
68