From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dependencies that're available at pkg_*inst
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 04:45:18
1 On 05:31 Sat 19 Apr , Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > I'm rewording the PMS sections on dependencies to avoid permitting
3 > overly lax circular dependency resolution. Which of these wordings is
4 > accurate, given that usable means "has its RDEPENDs installed and
5 > usable"?
6 >
7 > 1. During pkg_preinst and pkg_postinst, any package dependency that is
8 > in both DEPEND and RDEPEND must be installed and usable.
9 >
10 > 2. During pkg_preinst and pkg_postinst, at least one of the following
11 > conditions must be met:
12 > a. every package dependency in DEPEND must be installed and usable
13 > b. every package dependency in RDEPEND must be installed and usable
14
15 I'd go with RDEPEND only. Any other interpretation results in installing
16 build-time-only packages along with a binpkg, which doesn't seem to make
17 sense.
18
19 Thanks,
20 Donnie