From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding --as-needed to LDFLAGS in profiles/default/linux/make.defaults
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 03:30:47
1 On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:05:19 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > You appear to be assuming that those pushing the --as-needed solution
5 > have it finished. This is far from the case. There's still a lot of
6 > work that would need to be done, and that work will have to be carried
7 > on by every developer indefinitely as new versions of packages come
8 > out. It's a case of "the wrong thing requires quite a lot more work
9 > before it's ready, and once it's ready everyone will have to carry on
10 > working on it forever".
11
12 Why do you care? Everybody intimately involved in Exherbo and
13 caring about it tells me you forked. If you didn't and are still
14 leeching off our ebuild tree, then please file --as-needed bugs like
15 everyone else, or shut up.
18 Kindest of kindest of regards,
19 jer