From: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] VMware workstation 4.0.1 Problem
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 06:10:33
1 Just for reference there is nothing development specific about this email, it
2 probably belongs on -user.
3
4 On Thursday 28 August 2003 12:58 am, Stephen Clowater wrote:
6 > Hash: SHA1
7 >
8 > Hello, I've been having A persistant problem that is reproducable in linux
9 > systems and windows systems in vmware workstation 4 and 3.2.1.
10 >
11 > The problem occurs when a number of writes are attempted on the scsi disk
12 > (the vmware virtual hard disk).
13 >
14 > After many failures with a windows install, I tried it with the gentoo
15 > live-cd, I found i could partion sda, however when I attempted a dd
16 > if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sda, In both vmware 3.2.1 and vmware 4 I get the
17 > following entries in the log file:
18
19 I've never seen any problems like this, have you tried on a different computer
20
21 <snip log stuff>
22 >
23 > I'm wondering if there is anything in particular a given gentoo
24 > installation needs (using the gentoo-sources kernel) that could cause this?
25 > Or is it simply a bug that is destin for bugs.gentoo.org?
26
27 Actually, if you really think this is a bug then it should probably go to
28 Vmware since it's their product. All we do is make it easy for those people
29 with licenses to install it.
32 > Thanks
33 >
34 > Steve
35
36 --Brian Jackson
37
38 <snip 37 line signature you could probably show some remorse for those with
39 dial up>
42 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list