From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] NPTL ready yet?
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:56:34
1 On Monday 27 October 2003 01:35, Matthew Kennedy wrote:
2 > Whats involved in updating a non-NPTL glibc to NPTL glibc? Just
3 > "USE=nptl emerge glibc" or do other libraries and binaries need to be
4 > re-emerged also?
5
6 no, just re-emerging glibc with nptl in USE is enough
7
8 > Also, do you know if the nvidia drivers work with
9 > development-sources? (My guess is they do?)
10
11 if by development sources you mean 2.6.x then yes, they have since 2.5.x
12
13 oh, and here's my thumbs up to using NPTL ... ive been using it since 2.5.x
14 and havent found significant bugs ... and/or any that havent been fixed so
15 far ...
16 -mike