From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking of qt 4.4?
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:25:21
1 Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > Hanno Böck wrote:
3 >
4 >> So question, what are the showstoppers for qt 4.4? And more general comment,
5 >> especially on important packages that many people rely on, please provide
6 >> more informative comments in package mask, e.g. bug numbers.
9 > Bug numbers should indeed have been provided. The tracker bugs are:
10 > #217528 - [Tracker] x11-libs/qt-4.4.0 unmasking
11 > #217161 - [Tracker] split Qt 4.4
12 >
13 > Mostly it's a question of packages not having split qt-4 deps yet. Other
14 > than that, the ebuilds have seen enough testing, as they are needed for
15 > kde-4.1 for example, so that is not an issue anymore.
18 >> For the dependencies, I think this isn't a showstopper either, as if you don't
19 >> have split dependencies on qt, it'll just take the metapackage and everything
20 >> is like before.
23 > Except that as per bug 217161 nothing should depend on the metapackage.
24 >
25 > At the moment I'm going through all the remaining open bugs. If things
26 > are easy to fix for me I am fixing the deps, otherwise I'm leaving a
27 > comment that the package needs fixing ASAP, because I don't want to wait
28 > with unmasking qt-4.4 any longer. I hope to be able to do that by
29 > tomorrow. (Although I'm still waiting on the remainder of the qt team to
30 > officially become a member.)
31 >
32 > Regards,
33 > Ben
36 That being said, anyone wanna give me a hand with MythTV 0.22 depends?
37 I'd appreciate it.