From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RfC: News item for Baselayout 2 stabilisation
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 19:44:08
1 On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Jeremy Olexa wrote:
4 >>> I hope it goes without saying that bug 213988
5 >>> (http://bugs.gentoo.org/213988) should be resolved before either
6 >>> stabilization or news posting. The doc is somewhat out of date now.
7 >>
8 >> I assume you mean the baselayout-2/openrc migration guide?
9 >>
10 >> Not as far as we know. And what we, the GDP, *know* is entirely
11 >> dependent on the bug reports and *guide updates* that you, the rest of
12 >> the community, submit. :)
13 >>
14 >> (Yes, we know that our other documents do not have anything about
15 >> baselayout-2/openrc in them. That's why we have the tracker bug. If
16 >> you've got something to report, send it in!)
20 > Uhh, I submitted one bug but it was promptly ignored because "the GDP
21 > doesn't work on docs for unstable ebuilds" - which is why I raised
22 > this point ;) After that one bug, I lost motivation to file bugs
23 > because it landed on /dev/null.
24
25 Sorry, ignore me here. Josh updated the guide for my bug but it just
26 wasn't resolved yet.