From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: ban cmake-utils_use_* in EAPI 6
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 16:48:08
1 On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 12:02:15 +0100
3 > Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 21:53:17 +1100
6 >> Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> wrote:
7 >>
8 >> > What do you think?
11 >> +1
12 >>
13 >> even if I sometimes use those cmake-utils_use*, they tend to confuse
14 >> me and find -DABCD=$(usex ...) much easier to understand for the
15 >> occasional user of cmake-utils.eclass.
19 > Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought EAPI 6 specifications were
20 > finalized.
21 >
22 > Doesn't that mean this will have to wait for EAPI 7?
23
24 eclass API is not directly tied to EAPI/PMS. However,
25 cmake-utils.eclass has this:
26
27 case ${EAPI} in
28 2|3|4|5) : ;;
29 *) die "EAPI=${EAPI:-0} is not supported" ;;
30 esac
31
32 That means that its API is currently undefined when EAPI is set to 6;
33 the eclass will immediately die.
34
35 This is just a convenient opportunity to change the API of this eclass
36 without risking breakage of existing ebuilds.