From: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gcc-3.3.1-r2 problems?
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:17:17
1 On Tuesday 16 September 2003 08:06 am, Patrick Börjesson wrote:
2 > Anyone else having problems with gcc-3.3.1-r2? After I updated gcc and
3 > then emerged some updates to various other programs (xmms, gkrellm, ...)
4 > I'm unable to start any of those programs. They seg-fault as soon as I
5 > try to start 'em.
6 >
7 > How should I go about it if I wanted a lesser version of gcc? It seems
8 > as all programs compiled with 3.3.1-r2 won't work so I doubt gcc would
9 > and that sort of excludes a reemerge of gcc.
10
11 if you have trouble getting gcc reinstalled, you can try to get somebody who
12 is on arch to quickpkg gcc for you.
15 > Is there any way to "pin" gcc to under a specific version? And please
16 > don't answear /etc/portage/profiles/package.mask as that file gets
17
18 If anybody ever told you that file was where to do stuff they are wrong, if
19 they told you /etc/portage/package.mask then they are correct.
20
21 --Brian Jackson
22
23 > overwritten at every emerge sync...
24 >
25 > Right now I would be _very_ thankful for any and all responses I get as
26 > my last resort would be a reinstallation of my entire system which I
27 > would very much like to avoid.
28 >
29 > Patrick Börjesson
32 Home -- http://www.brianandsara.net