From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-core <gentoo-core@l.g.o>, gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] IMPORTANT: Server outages
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:44:43
1 Hey all,
2
3 Was just going to inform you all of some downtime going to happen
4 tonight around 0900UTC. The facility at the Open Source Labs is needing
5 to do some UPS upgrades on all the rackmounted servers they host. This
6 means the power will need to be off (which will include the switches for
7 the non-racked boxes). The outage is expected to last around
8 20-30minutes.
9
10 Here's a list of services that will be affected:
11
12 * Several web services:
13 forums,bugzilla,planet,bugday,packages,archives,devwiki,vendors
14 * cvs
15 * master rsync
16 * torrents
17 * Gentoo's jabber
18
19 I may as well add that half of Freenode will be affected too, so
20 complaining on IRC won't do much for ya ;).
21
22 There will be another outage for a similar amount of time at 0900UTC on
23 July 3. I will send out an announcement in a few days as a reminder for
24 that.
25
26 Ok, hopefully I didn't forget any services, enjoy!
29 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
30 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
31
32 ---
33 Public GPG key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
34 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
35
36 ramereth/irc.freenode.net