From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Gentoo Phoenix] an official Gentoo wiki
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 04:35:44
1 On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 02:04:08PM -0400, Vincent Launchbury wrote:
2 > On 04/10/10 11:25, William Hubbs wrote:
3 > > Yes, it does. However, I would tend to question how practical their
4 > > audio captcha is. Go to www.captcha.net and try the demo a few
5 > > times and see how much luck you have solving audio captchas from it.
6 >
7 > Just for reference, I tried 15 different sound clips and got 5 right. 9
8 > were completely incomprehensible, 1 was fuzzy, and the other 5 were
9 > quite clear.
10
11 This is the issue with their solution. I personally have run into
12 situations where I have given up because I've tried several audio
13 captchas but been unable to understand them well enough to even guess.
14
15 > I'd agree that accessibility is important, but if a better solution
16 > doesn't end up working out, ReCaptcha should at least provide access for
17 > blind users, albeit inefficiently.
18
19 It is better than nothing, but only slightly so. As you discovered,
20 the captchas are quite difficult to solve.
23 William Hubbs
24 gentoo accessibility team lead
25 williamh@g.o