From: Pavlos Ratis <dastergon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Bugday
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 00:39:29
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I would like to announce you a new try to 'revive' the Bugday event.
4 As most of the open source projects have their own bugday, I thought
5 it would be great to have this event back. For those who don't know,
6 its a monthly 24h event that takes place in #gentoo-bugs. Its goal is
7 to close as many bugs as possible . You don't have to be a Gentoo
8 expert to participate. Those days are a great way to start joining the
9 Gentoo community, improving Bugzilla's and Wiki's quality and looking
10 for a mentor to begin the recruitment process. The upcoming bugday
11 event is this Saturday and I hope this event will continue in the next
12 months. I have created a wiki page for the event[1] and I added some
13 guidelines. I have also created a related blog post about the
14 event[2].
15
16 I have listed some maintainer-wanted and maintainer-need bugs and
17 Bugzilla admins also re-enabled the bugday flag. I would like to ask
18 the Gentoo project teams to start using this flag to their bugs that
19 think that are good to start and enable the flag at them. It would be
20 great to a have a really big list with 'good to start' bugs.
21
22 It's the first time after a long time that this event will take place,
23 so I am looking forward to your participation both users and
24 developers and your feedback.
25
26 [1] http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Bugday
27 [2] http://blog.dastergon.gr/gentoo-bugday/