From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] systemd.eclass: Patch for new function systemd_get_udevdir()
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 11:04:11
1 On 08/06/2012 01:42 PM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 06-08-2012 13:37:55 +0300, Samuli Suominen wrote:
3 >>> Also, I'm not so sure if this will work correctly for Prefix.
4 >>
5 >> I'm sure that is easily checked and we will get feedback quickly.
6 >
7 > I'm sure systemd/udev will never run in (a) Prefix, so perhaps it is
8 > more sensical not to pseudo-provide support for it.
11 after thinking about this over:
12
13 rules files are often small and often get always installed, yet the
14 package might be running just fine without udev, the installed rules
15 files just don't get used
16
17 therefore adding sys-fs/udev dependency to the eclass is out of question
18 and should be left for ebuilds
19
20 therefore pseudo-prefix support should be left in place too... right?
21
22 attaching latest based on mgorny's feedback...

udev.eclass text/plain