From: konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New portage git sync behavior
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 03:15:08
1 On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 10/12/2016 11:45 AM, konsolebox wrote:
3 >> On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> Portage 2.3.1 changes the default behavior for git repositories to
5 >>> sync with a depth of 1. If you are using a development tree with
6 >>> emerge --sync, you may want to override this in repos.conf by setting
7 >>> sync-depth = 0.
8 >>>
9 >>> If you have accidentally converted your development tree into a
10 >>> shallow repository, you can undo the damage by running git fetch
11 >>> --unshallow.
12 >>>
13 >>
14 >> I can't find this in the release notes.
15 >>
16 > Wasn't it in a news message? I recall seeing it somewhere, and made the
17 > appropriate changes before upgrading.
20 I think you saw it here, and so did I but surprised to see that it's
21 not in the /usr/share/doc/portage-2.3.1 nor in 'eselect news'.
24 konsolebox