From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: tomas.chvatal@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Global USE=systemd
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 14:22:36
1 On Sat, 8 Dec 2012 14:53:02 +0100
2 Tomáš Chvátal <tomas.chvatal@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Does it really have to be useflag? Can't we simply just install the
5 > file every time like we do with everything else? Logrotate/normal
6 > initscripts/etc/etc.
7 >
8 > There should be no issue with that if we install the service files
9 > every time, they just take few kbs in /etc/
10
11 It's not about unit files. For those, I tend to kill people for putting
12 them behind a flag.
13
14 This is mostly about:
15
16 a) using logind instead of consolekit,
17
18 b) linking programs against systemd libraries (hard dep on systemd).
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny