From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kdump
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 13:55:11
1 On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Justin <jlec@g.o> wrote:
2 > During the version bump today, I saw that fedora is providing lots of
3 > script and services for it. So I thought someone might be interested and
4 > port that to gentoo.
7 I've given it thought, but I'm not quite at the point where I'd want
8 to take that on single-handed. I don't mind contributing some,
9 however. I guess see what kind of response you get and we'll figure
10 out what makes sense.
11
12 > kexec itself is working fine on gentoo.
13
14 That was my experience when I wrote the blog, but not the last time I
15 tried using it... But, I haven't tested it in a few months. That is,
16 kexec for a recovery kernel - it works fine if you want to do an
17 immediate reboot.
18
19 Rich