From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] When will KDE 3.5 be marked as stable?
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 20:54:20
1 On Tuesday 04 April 2006 04:28, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
2 > Kari Hazzard wrote:
3 > > This is Gentoo. We have a reputation of good community support to
4 > > maintain here. You're not helping that reputation by being mean to people
5 > > who ask legitimate questions. The issue that the question may have been
6 > > sent to the wrong list is irrelevant. RTFM is never the right answer to a
7 > > question.
8 >
9 > I fail to see how pointing out a post was offtopic is mean. Rather, it
10 > will save that individual (and hopefully others) from making the same
11 > mistake in the future.
12 >
13 > Also, RTFM is absolutely the right answer more often than not.
14 > Otherwise, what is the point of having TFM in the first place? The
15 > amusement of those who spent a lot of time and effort writing it?
16
17 Don't reply with RTFM, but with something like:
18
19 ------------- template -------------
20 Hi sender,
21
22 This is explained far better than I could do here in
23 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/foobar.xml
24 If you have further questions, feel free to ask.
25
26 Regards,
27
28 your friendly gentoo developer.