From: Thomas Beaudry <tmbeaudry@×××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Installing over dial up
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 21:41:13
1 And I'm going to do it again this weekend with the stage 3 1.3b
2 tarball. I'll keep detailed notes this time with an eye to it
3 being added as a sidebar to the installation instructions.
6 >This was taken straight from Thomas Beaudry message to John Hinsley.
7 >
8 >Instead of getting the stage 1 iso, get the tarball. boot into an
9 >existing linux, extract the tarball to a directory, start your ppp
10 >connection as you normally would and chroot into the directory
11 >containing gentoo. now you can just continue with the install like
12 >everyone else.
13 >
14 >oops, make sure that directory that you put gentoo into is an empty
15 >partion. it'll be your gentoo root partition when you are finished.
16 >