From: Toby Dickenson <tdickenson@××××××××××××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP: consistent Gentoo tool names
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:45:17
1 On Wednesday 17 March 2004 19:30, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 11:38, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > Thus the GLEP.
4 >
5 > FYI:
6 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0024.html
7
8 A counterpoint to common prefixes:
9
10 Yesterday I was puzzling why I was using the wrong jdk - I had forgotten about
11 the existence of the java-config tool. I didnt stay confused for long because
12 "java<tab>" completion lists the gentoo configuration tool. I found it even
13 though I wasnt looking for it.
14
15 Im sure It would have taken me longer if the tool was called config-java
16 instead.
19 Toby Dickenson
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list