From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Qt3 mask breaks significant science packages
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:17:52
1 On 12-03-2010 08:46:34 -0700, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
2 > That said they were perfectly entitled to make the decision of not
3 > wanting to maintain qt3 any longer. The only advice I can give is that
4 > all disgruntled users and developers create a qt3 project and
5 > adopt/unmask/re-commit the qt3 libraries for maintainers of packages
6 > who need it. I doubt this will happen as this could have been done a
7 > long time ago, but it's never too late.
8
9 Didn't we have a graveyard thing/overlay somewhere some day? Some users
10 might happily prefer to use stuff that's treecleaned, or removed due
11 security issues. If removal of stuff would mean it's dumped in there it
12 can be easily used by users and more easily readded later afterwards, if
13 need arises.
17 Fabian Groffen
18 Gentoo on a different level