From: Uwe Reimann <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo for cris
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 12:43:28
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm still trying to port gentoo cris (http://developer.axis.com). I
4 got pretty far, however I am still having two major problems:
5
6 1. cris-dist-glibc or any other glibc can't be comiled on cris.
7 2. python-2.2.2 configures wrongly on cris (but can be compiled if
8 configured on a different architecture)
9
10 I really would liked to present a stage1 image, but those problems are
11 preventing me from doing so. So I decided to set up a web server which
12 serves a snapshot of my gentoo system for cris. The server is running on
13 the devboard which bootet into my current snapshot of gentoo for cris.
14 It can be reached at http://pulsar.homelinux.net:81 . The directory
15 http://pulsar.homelinux.net:81/usr/local/cris-portage contains the build
16 scripts, http://pulsar.homelinux.net:81/usr/portage/packages contains
17 the resulting binaries.
18
19 Currently, there's no binary for glibc, as it is not compilable on cris.
20 The glibc used is cris-dist-glibc-1.25 cross compiled on an i686 with
21 gcc-3.2.2.
22
23 Also, there's no binary for python, as it does not configure right on cris.
24
25 Please send any questions or comments to cris-gentoo@××××××××××××××××.net
26
27 Have fun, Uwe