From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Programs that depend on X libraries
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 06:42:10
1 tor 2001-08-30 klockan 00.05 skrev Daniel Robbins:
2 > On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 03:01:52PM -0400, Aron Griffis wrote:
3 > > Hello,
4 > >
5 > > There has been a minor debate on #gentoo regarding where to install
6 > > programs that depend on X libraries. The trend in the ebuilds is
7 > > currently to install to /usr/X11R6.
8 >
9 > I'm leaning towards using /usr unconditionally as you suggest; it'll
10 > simplify our existing ebuilds and make things more consistent.
11
12 What about programs that optionally install in /opt/kde or /opt/gnome?
13 and especially libs that optionally support gnome or kde.
14
15 Regards,
16 Mikael Hallendal
20 Mikael Hallendal
21 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
22 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden