From: Fabio Erculiani <lxnay@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Doing and then undoing slotmoves
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 13:57:10
1 On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 1:13 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
2 <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3 [ snip ]
4 >
5 > Finally, do we have a good way now to automate checks against this?
6
7 The current PMS spec, as you quoted, allows one way moves only.
8 For this reason, I guess that simulating the updates twice should
9 result in no applicable updates on the second pass, unless a "circular
10 dependency" is found.
11 Assuming that the simulation step is more or less constant time (is
12 it?), this could only take O(2n), O(n) normalized.
13
14 I implemented something along these lines in entropy and it spotted
15 the faulty slotmove lines.
18 > Paweł
24 Fabio Erculiani