From: Zach Forrest <zach@××××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] portage revisited
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:39:27
1 You can use pkg-clean from gentoolkit.
2
3 Joshua Hansen wrote:
4 > I have found that about the only time you need to leave a previous
5 > version on is if there is a large difference in the version number
6 > (assuming you do regular updates). I like keeping things clean so I go
7 > through and do my unmerges about once every week or two.
8 >
9 > I'm thinking about writing a script (and the reason I bring this up is
10 > if it already exists, point me to it so i don't waste the time) that
11 > uses the qpkg --dups command and then lists and then asks if you want to
12 > remove certain packages. Maybe even include an option to kill all
13 > duplicates and just have a little file that contains things like
14 > FreeType and DB.
15 >
16 > Is there something like that? And, if anyone were interested in
17 > including it with the scripts collection (like Gentools) what would be
18 > the preferred language to write it in?
19 >
20 > Joshua
21 >