From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: klausman@g.o
Subject: Re: Code Review Systems Was: [gentoo-dev] Git Migration: launch plan & schedule
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 18:11:46
1 On Wed, 8 Jul 2015 20:07:34 +0200
2 Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o> wrote:
3 > In essence, assuming we can "just scale" to make CI work is
4 > ignoring the matter of the slower archs. And I suspect the "it
5 > works on amd64, fuck everyone else" is not something we want to
6 > pick as a motto.
7
8 "It works on amd64 on a clean build system" is a heck of a lot better
9 than "it may or may not work on one developer's heavily modified
10 box"... The point of testing is not to catch all problems. It's just
11 there to catch some simple screwups, cheaply.
14 Ciaran McCreesh