From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] www-client/chromium icon theme dependencies, help needed
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 08:32:49
1 Does anyone else want to comment on this?
2
3 On 2/25/11 5:43 PM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
4 > On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 9:42 AM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
5 > <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
6 >> Portage obviously doesn't know which DE the user is running (multiple
7 >> DE's may be installed on the system), so I don't see a way to create
8 >> "foolproof" dependencies.
9 >>
10 >> The two approaches I'm thinking about are:
11 >>
12 >> a) Drop any icon themes from RDEPEND, tell the user in pkg_postinst
13 >> about possible choices.
14 >>
15 >> b) Add "kde" to IUSE, and then kde? ( kde-base/oxygen-icons ) !kde ( all
16 >> || the || rest ) to RDEPEND.
17 >>
18 >> What do you think? Do you have some better ideas?
19 >
20 > Option (a) sounds good to me. Maybe you could add something to the FAQ
21 > section on the project page so it will show up in Google search
22 > results.
23
24 Thank you for the feedback, that sounds like a good idea.
25
26 > Chromium should really have some generic fallback icon to use when it
27 > can't find an icon for a given mime type. A broken image icon is less
28 > than ideal for that. I guess that would be an upstream issue though.
29
30 Feel free to file an upstream bug. It might also be an issue with
31 xdg-utils, I'm not quite sure how that works.