From: Mike Spenard <mikes@×××××××.com>
To: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, Gentoo Sparc <sparc@g.o>
Subject: Re: Fw: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Enterprise 10000 support and developer access
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:39:37
1 Ferris McCormick wrote:
2 >
3 >> Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:33:14 -0400
4 >> From: Mike Spenard <mikes@×××××××.com>
5 >> To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
6 >> Cc: armin76@g.o, fmccor@g.o
7 >> Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Enterprise 10000 support and developer
8 >> access
11 >> Raúl-Ferris,
12 >> This past week I made an e10k I own/operate accessible [i.e. the SSP]
13 >> to Mark Kettenis the OpenBSD-sparc maintainer. And Mark added
14 >> support for the Sun Enterprise 10000 (SMP and e10k RTC support). Theo
15 >> thought it was very beneficial as a few bugs effecting other
16 >> systems were picked up in the process.
17 >>
18 >> I thought I would extend the opportunity to the Gentoo-sparc team.
19 >>
20 >> Mike Spenard
21 >> - --
22 >> gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list
25 > Mike,
26 > Thanks for the offer. Currently, we do have access to a system at OSL
27 > for sparc development and probably do not need access to yours.
28 > However, I am making sure that everyone on the sparc team sees that your
29 > system is available in case any individual can use your specific
30 > configuration. We ourselves really do very little kernel work and
31 > probably cannot use it for that. It is possible, though, that your
32 > system can be useful when we find issues which are system-specific, in
33 > which case you can expect to hear from us further.
34 > I do not know how you use your system or what operating system you
35 > usually have running on it. If you happen to run Gentoo/linux on it and
36 > wish to become involved in our sparc project, I invite you to read about
37 > the Architecture Testing program at
38 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/sparc/at/index.xml and consider if
39 > you are interested in that.
40 >
41 > Thangs again, and
42 > Regards,
43 > Ferris
44 >
45 Hi Ferris,
46 Currently the diskless boot image bombs, and another e10k user I know
47 hasn't been able
48 to install Gentoo on his machine via cdrom either. Could you put me in
49 touch with someone
50 that can do linux-sparc kernel and diskless boot image development?
51
52 Thanks,
53 Mike
57 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list