From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo on Discord
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 17:34:16
1 On 4/30/19 7:24 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 >>> I've contacted the author and the author refused to change it.
3 >>> The claim is that 'PR team runs it', '8 Gentoo developers have admin
4 >>> rights', 'i.e. it is sanctioned by the project itself'. I was suggested
5 >>> that if it's not official, we should close it instead.
6 >> If that is how it is perceived I'd be in favor of outright closing it at
7 >> least
8 >>
9 > I suppose the problem boils down to 'perceived by whom'.
10
11 I'd say a reasonable person, which the author of the article doesn't
12 sound like, but the article doesn't provide sufficient information for
13 third parties to judge per se.
14
15 I guess a more interesting question is why communication is increasingly
16 fragmented across multiple chat systems; it reminds me of
17 https://xkcd.com/1810/
18 --
19 Kristian Fiskerstrand
20 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
21 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3