From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dropping redundant stable keywords
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 08:27:59
1 28.01.2014 20:33, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." пишет:
2 > Here's a proposal that may address concerns from the long "rfc:
3 > revisiting our stabilization policy" thread.
4 >
5 > It seems at least one of the problems is that with old ebuilds being
6 > stable on slow arches but not the more recent ebuilds, it is a
7 > maintenance burden to keep supporting the old ebuilds even on fast
8 > arches where it's still stable.
9 >
10 > Why not allow maintainers to drop redundant stable and even ~arch
11 > keywords from their packages?
12 >
13 > Then these old ebuilds will stay with _only_ slow arch keywords. If they
14 > were working back then, they will continue to work now, since there are
15 > not that many changes to break things as opposed to faster-moving arches.
16 >
17 > What do you think? Please let me know if I should clarify this.
18 >
19 > Paweł
22 We have some discussion about stabilization practices on past QA team
23 meeting yesterday. Please, bear with us.
26 Best regards, Sergey Popov
27 Gentoo developer
28 Gentoo Desktop Effects project lead
29 Gentoo Qt project lead
30 Gentoo Proxy maintainers project lead