From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Over-reliance of Gentoo projects on overlays
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 03:37:45
1 On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Andreas K. Huettel
2 <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > Ah btw how's that git migration coming along?
7 Even though we're drifting here an update is probably due.
8
9 At this point I'd say we have pretty high confidence that we can
10 accurately migrate the tree. The issues that remain shouldn't hold us
11 back from just moving forward (they're issues with cvs keywords that
12 are already issues in cvs). The bigger issues were all fixed (like
13 mangling unicode).
14
15 Infra changes aren't started, and those are probably rate-limiting at
16 this point, especially since it is hard for anybody not in infra to
17 contribute to this.
18
19 We also need to write up docs, and once an actual workflow is
20 announced I suspect we'll start getting objections. The likely
21 conflict I see is between those who want all commits in the log to be
22 signed (which means no rebasing), and those who don't want any merge
23 commits in the log (which means always rebasing unless you are REALLY
24 fast). Anybody who wants to chip in on this one feel free to do so -
25 I would like to but haven't gotten around to it yet.
26
27 Rich