From: Jose Luis Rivero <yoswink@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Stabilize ebuilds which use EAPIs only supported by ~arch PMs
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 00:03:50
1 Hi all:
2
3 Reading a random discussion in our dev mailling list, I came with a
4 doubt about our new EAPI policy and its procedures. I couldn't find it
5 documented nor discussed anywhere so I bringing it here.
6
7 Supposing that anyone can currently add an ebuild using EAPI-2 under the
8 testing branch: what are we going to do if an EAPI-2 ebuild (which are
9 only managed by ~arch package managers) needs to go stable due to some
10 kind of major reason like security?
11
12 Hypothetical case: foo-1 (eapi-0) marked as stable and foo-2 (eapi-2)
13 with new features marked as testing. A security problem appears
14 affecting both. UPSTREAM release foo-3 to solve the security issue.
15
16 There are some others sceneries but are not so common as the one presented
17 could be. Any decent solution for this case?
20 Jose Luis Rivero <yoswink@g.o>
21 Gentoo/Doc Gentoo/Alpha