From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ChangeLog
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 22:10:29
1 On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 12:26:04 -0500
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 > > On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 10:17:54 -0500
7 > > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
8 > >>
9 > >> I haven't heard anybody propose a new plan. I certainly am not
10 > >> proposing one.
11 > >
12 > > The part you cut:
13 > >
14 > >>
15 > >> You shouldn't use rsync anymore, it is inherently insecure. The git
16 > >> tree is _properly_ gpg signed so you can verify it's correctness.
17 > >>
18 >
19 > That was just a random developer offering random advice. People are
20 > welcome to do that on the lists. Nobody is preventing anybody from
21 > fixing the bug.
22 >
23 > There is no approved grandiose plan to obsolete rsync.
24
25 Hence me asking where the discussion took place...
26 Y'know, the email you replied to :)