From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pybugz call for testers
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:18:59
1 On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:45:14PM +0200, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 > On 4/10/12 7:54 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
3 > > I have updated pybugz-9999 to work with the xmlrpc interface of
4 > > bugzilla.
5 >
6 > Cool, thank you for working on that.
7 >
8 > > I can name a couple of issues that are api limitations that we can't do
9 > > anything about:
10 > >
11 > > - you can't search on cc: or keywords fields.
12 >
13 > That's going to be a problem for arch testing needs (e.g. STABLEREQ
14 > keyword and x86@ cc-ed). How about doing the searches "the old way" that
15 > allowed the above.
16
17 That is not so easy to do since we have completely gotten rid of the old
18 method of communicating with bugzilla. That method was not reliable and
19 had broken several times with bugzilla upgrades, but using the web
20 services will be more stable.
21
22 Here is the documentation for their search command [1]. It would
23 probably be better for us to open a bug against bugzilla itself and
24 request those changes be put in the api.
25
26 What are your thoughts?
27
28 William