From: Henti Smith <bain@×××××××.za>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] broken portage ;P and yes .. it's my fault .. sortoff
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:20:16
hi all

Been trying to get nvidia working .. and been crashing horribly on my system, corrupting files left right and center.
problem is .. seems to have take something in portage with.

here is what happens.

fmg app-games # emerge portage
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 9, in ?
    import sys,portage,emergehelp,xpak,string,re,commands,time,threading,shutil,traceback,atexit
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/portage.py", line 4739, in ?
    do_vartree()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/portage.py", line 4727, in do_vartree
    if not virts_p.has_key(vkeysplit[1]):
IndexError: list index out of range

I tried to check if anything in archives resemble this .. but find nothing I could see.
IS there some way to fix this ?

--
Henti Smith
bain@×××××××.za