From: Brett <adalovelace@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ebuild help
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 01:23:55
1 Greetings,
2 I have a few Linux programs which I would like to use, but which are not
3 in portage. I have attempted to make some ebuild scripts (via the ebuild
4 HOWTO) for these programs, but I can't get them to work.
5
6 The error I receive is:
7 {
8 # emerge /usr/local/portage/app-office/bhpos-base/app-office/bhpos-base
9 Calculating dependencies
10 emerge: there are no masked or unmasked ebuilds to satisfy
11 "/usr/local/portage/app-office/bhpos-base/app-office/bhpos-base".
12
13 !!! Error calculating dependencies. Please correct.
14
15 }//end error
16
17 I have tried everything I can think of, including commenting out all the
18 required dependencies.
19
20 I have also set:
21 PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
22
23 Any help is appreciated :-)
24 Brett
25
26 The ebuild script:
27 {
28 cat bhpos-base-1.0.1-1_rc1.ebuild
29 # Copyright 1999-2003 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.
30 # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
31 # $Header: $
32
33 DESCRIPTION="Bananahead Point-of-sale software"
34 HOMEPAGE="http://www.bananapos.com/"
35 SRC_URI="http://bananapos.com/download/bhpos/stable/base/${P}.tar.gz"
36 LICENSE="GPL2"
37 SLOT="0"
38 KEYWORDS="~x86"
39
40 IUSE="X gnome"
41 DEPEND=">=autoconf-2.54
42 >=automake-1.73
43 >=libtool-1.4.3-r1
44 >=make-3.8.0
45 >=gettext-0.11.5
46 >=intltools-0.23
47 >=pkgconfig-0.15.0"
48
49 RDEPEND=""
50 S=${WORKDIR}/${P}
51
52 src_unpack() {
53 unpack ${A} || die
54 }
55
56 src_compile() {
57 ./configure \
58 --host=${CHOST} \
59 --prefix=/usr \
60 --infodir=/usr/share/info \
61 --mandir=/usr/share/man || die "./configure failed"
62 }
63
64 src_install() {
65 make \