From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Network configuration and bash
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 08:08:15
1 Roy Marples wrote:
2 > Hi List
3 >
4 > As some of you may be aware, I've started work on baselayout-2 which is
5 > basically re-tooling it in C. One of the side goals is to eliminate the
6 > need for using bash. You'll be pleased to know that it's working well
7 > enough to boot Gentoo/FreeBSD.
8
9 Hm...
10
11 > So, to free baselayout of forcing bash down our throats I/we am/are
12 > looking at re-writing our network setup, including configuration.
13
14 What about adding array support in the C retool?
15
16 What about adding this particular feature in busybox and just use it?
17
18 lu - against having a completely pointless transition...
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list