From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Binary packages
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 03:28:54
1 On Wednesday 08 February 2006 19:24, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > On Thursday 09 February 2006 08:19, Mark Loeser wrote:
3 > > Anyone that is maintaining a binary package in the tree, and requires
4 > > libstdc++-v3, please put a rdepend in your package on
5 > > =virtual/libstdc++-3.3. I'd like to drop the dependency from gcc-3.4 and
6 > > higher so that we do not needlessly force the libstdc++ package on people
7 > > that do not need it.
8 >
9 > It was my understanding that it is needed for the 3.3 -> 3.4 upgrade.
10 > Various packages that will build fine against either are broken until
11 > being recompiled after the upgrade and there is currently no way to
12 > express this with dependencies.
13
14 gcc-3.3 wont be removed automatically, so the system wont break until the user
15 tells it so :)
16 -mike
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list