From: Ricardo Loureiro <rjlouro@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC - Gentoo on the Lab
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:04:27
1 On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:39:10 -0500
2 Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > The 2.1 code that was pushed out for inspection addresses the cache
5 > issue mostly, and modularization as much as possible. Everything
6 > else
7 > falls to the rewrite which is underway- I'd suggest contacting
8 > portage
9 > devs, since what you're after is pretty much what's been designed
11 > allow for, without requiring hacks to portage- just would be
12 > plugins.
13
14 Writing a plugin for portage would be perfect, but I can't wait for
15 2.1 to be released due to deadlines. Looks like the best shot at this
16 point is a new package using as much as possible the actual python
17 libs created for portage.
18
19 When I start the project itself (September 1st) I'm gonna start to
20 write and organize all the ideas, but you all have been a great help
21 so far.
22
23 Ricardo Loureiro
24 --