From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News Item: Portage Dynamic Deps
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 20:54:06
1 On 01/22/2018 01:38 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 8:01 AM, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o
3 > <mailto:zmedico@g.o>> wrote:
4 >
5 > According to Gentoo policy, future ebuild dependency changes need to be
6 > accompanied by a revision bump in order to trigger rebuilds for users.
7 > Therefore, you should only need to use --changed-deps=y for a single
8 > deep @world update. After that, if you encounter installed packages with
9 > outdated dependencies in a future deep @world update, then you should
10 > report it as a bug.
13 > Can we get repoman to warn about changing dependencies without revbumps?
14
15 That will require a bit of work since it's going to have to call bash to
16 generate metadata for the previous state and compare that to the current
17 state, but it can be done.
18
19 That won't help for eclass changes, though, unless we generate metadata
20 for all consumers and that's expensive.
21 --
22 Thanks,
23 Zac