From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: On the good usage of subslots
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 16:36:39
1 On 10/02/2013 03:06, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > On 02/09/2013 06:05 AM, Michael Palimaka wrote:
3 >> Is there a difference in behaviour between 'media-libs/libpng:=' and
4 >> 'media-libs/libpng' with no slot information at all?
5 >
6 > I don't know if you phrased your question as intended. Anyway, yes, the
7 > difference is that one with the slot-operator will trigger rebuilds when
8 > the SLOT or sub-slot changes.
11 You are right, I was not very clear, sorry about that.
12
13 Samuli talked about not forgetting to add the primary slot when adding a
14 subslot dependency. Does the behaviour there differ compared to omitting
15 the slot when there is no subslot dependency?
16
17 Eg. He wrote we should use 'media-libs/libpng:0=', but pre-subslots, the
18 :0 was often (incorrectly?) omitted.