From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Textrels in packages policy
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:23:27
1 On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 03:59:03PM -0500, Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > Basically what I'm looking for here is an easy to understand explanation of
3 > what textrels are, why they are bad, and why they should hold back marking a
4 > package stable. The only information I've been able to find states that they
5 > could cause a performance hit, but this doesn't seem to warrant banning them
6 > completely in my eyes.
7
8 erm, this e-mail comes a bit early ... i was hoping to have more stuff
9 written before moving this info into gentoo-dev mailing list realm ...
10 -mike
11 --
12 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list