From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect init
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 19:08:15
1 On 05/25/13 05:25, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > Luca Barbato wrote:
3 >> - init gets effectively switched only at boot/reboot
4 >
5 > Please not on reboot, because an unclean shutdown shouldn't leave the
6 > system in limbo.
7 >
8 > On boot could work, except that it does add more steps (= more
9 > fragility) to the boot process, which I think everyone wants to
10 > avoid.
11 >
12 > I would actually expect the change to take effect immediately.
15 > //Peter
16 >
17 the final action before / is remouted ro at shutdown would make sense to
18 me. It's either that or first action at boot.
21 -- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)