From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: alternatives.eclass and ecompress
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 10:16:55
1 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>:
2
3 > On Saturday 03 February 2007, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
4 > > The new ecompress allows compression of manpages in bz2, if I am
5 > > right.
6 > it allows any compression; it's up to the user ... so you cant assume
7 > any extension
8
9 That's my point.
10
11 > > So now
12 > > ebuilds as dev-lang/python have a hard coded compression extension
13 > > for alternatives_auto_makesym.
14 > you should not be generating symlinks to compressed manpages
15
16 Fine. If I have a slotted package, every slot having
17 ${PN}.foo-${SLOT}.1.gz and I want people to be able to call `man
18 ${PN}`, how should that be done?
19
20 V-Li