From: "Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh" <iluxa@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC]: gentoo-politics ML
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 00:55:42
1 Steev Klimaszewski wrote:
2 > Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
3 > > Stephen Bennett wrote:
4 > >> On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:10:32 +0200
5 > >> Benjamin Judas <benni@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
6 > >>
7 > >>
8 > >>> ...which means that he has a documented history of trolling not only
9 > >>> on mailinglists but also in irc-channels; not only against developers
10 > >>> but also against volunteering users.
11 > >>>
12 > >> So do most people on this list.
13 > >>
14 > > Which brings us back to actual subject of this thread (as opposed to
15 > talking
16 > > about Ciaran, we all love so much), which is - we need a separate list
17 > > for discussing
18 > > non-technical issues, which will, hopefully, reduce amount of flames,
19 > > and will allow
20 > > civil technical discussion to commence.
21 >
22 > So this other list would allow non-civil discussions to continue and
23 > rage on? I mean, you wouldn't have to be civil to others on it, you
24 > could just join and start trolling everyone?
25 No. I would be meant for civil non-technical discussions.
26 >
27 > (Please note, when I say "you" here, I mean collective people, not
28 > singling any person out)
29 We now have to point out _that_ kind of thing? Oh well...
30 Of course, using "you" in generic sentences is bad literary practice
31 (unfortunately I don't remember official term for that grammatic
32 (mis-)structure).
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list